Advantages of minimalism
In the previous blog I wrote about how I became a minimalist. Here I would like to continue the first article and show where I was able to win everywhere.
In addition to the items listed, I sorted out several bags of odds and ends - from individual cups to decorations and items that were no longer worn. I still do that today. Another Simplifying life, is the termination of subscriptions, contracts, and expensive hobbies.
Elimination of unnecessary liabilities
- Terminated the TV connection, that was already 3 years ago, I simply no longer found the television program including the advertising to be an enrichment. At the moment I have an Amazon subscription, but only at the request of my roommates :-) I am very happy with YouTube and media libraries myself.
I would even let the television pull out.
- Landline connection terminated, I only used my cell phone.
- Switching my mobile phone contract from Vodafone to Drillisch with savings of 75%.
- I have reduced my home insurance to the bare minimum. You can even ask yourself if you even need it. At least I do. Insurance is always only a safeguard against the exception.
- I bought a smaller car and sold mine a little bigger. I leave it where I can and ride my bike as often as possible.
- Leaving the exchange ring; The time exchanged here for services such as internet advice, shopping, craftsmen, was much more expensive for me than if I had bought something. So it made no sense to me anymore.
- Dissolution of my collection of knitting needle boxes.
- Not to forget my Change of residence from a much too expensive apartment to an affordable and even more beautiful apartment with a garden :-)
- In the course of Minimalism and starting to avoid packaging, I was able to switch from a 40 L bin (which I basically never needed) to a 20 L garbage bin.
With all these steps, I have my life simplified and decelerates. The most important thing for me is that I have gained time for things that I particularly enjoy doing. And the less I have to entertain, the less I have to work for it. Time is so precious. I love to work and I prefer to work when I know I don't have to.
It's not that far yet, but that's my goal.
- I save a lot of money and time.
- Cleaning up is a lot easier.
- With used things, one is less concerned with the fact that they could break.
Thoughts on living
Housing is the biggest expense for most. And if you deal with the topic of minimalism, you automatically come to alternative living options like the one Tiny Houses.
There are more and more people moving into small houses. Whereby it is more widespread in America and even more out of necessity. In Germany it is one of the most difficult things to find a place to stand. But that, too, could be found if you wanted to. Mobile homes have a certain weight and are on wheels, so that you can live in the Lüneburg Heath for some time and then move to another place and take your house with you.
This is a huge advantage over a large, immobile house. In addition, a mobile home is more affordable. However, you have to calculate that too. There are beautiful tiny houses. I often look at reports, for example on this one Channel.
If you want to learn more about minimalism, I can recommend these channels: