Knit your stole yourself - easy
A bridal shop was asking for knit stole in ivory made of alpaca with silk. I tried some different qualities. I got the bet result using a mix of two different alpaca yarns.
It made this big scarf soft and still warming. I choose three threads to have a good warming pattern otherwize it would be to thin. In addition the color is just perfect for ivory toned wedding dresses.
I choose those qualities of yarn:
- Baby Alpaca with silk two threads
- Baby Alpaca with poyester one thread
The result a soft wedding stole with a slight silk shine in ivory: warming and phantastic to wear. Past knitting I steamed it and now it is ready for your wedding.
For an immediate knitter it takes about 8 hours to knit this pashmina.
Knit instruction with wool
- Yarn consisting of two different qualitities
Video - how I knit this stole
- off white, rose, pale blue and more see color chart
- for other colors you knit with 2 threads using baby alpaca silk only
- 70% Baby Alpaca 30% Silk
- 70% Baby Alpaca 30% Polyamid
Number of balls needed
- 175g 4 balls baby alpaca silk, 3 balls baby alpaka/ polyamid
- 250g 10 balls baby alpaca silk for another color than ivory